Would you like to see a shorter version of what I want this site to be? Click here for the short version.
Why did I name this site RootedPhoenix.com? Why is it even here, and what am I trying to accomplish with it?
The RootedPhoenix name is an online identity I’ve had for over 5 years. So many of the people I know got to know me by that name, so I wanted to include it in this project.
RootedPhoenix is someone with roots and wings. That identity represents the person I want to be, and the person I want to inspire in others.
Why is this site here? What am I trying to do with this?
I want to inspire myself to be the person I want to be.
Who is that? Someone who won’t stop trying. Someone who is reborn in the ashes of what was before. Someone who refuses to believe that dreaming has to mean ignoring reality. Someone who sees the art inherent in life, and the life inherent in art. Someone who believes dreams, courage and imagination are what we need in order to see the art of life itself.
Someone who is willing to ask some key questions:
- What do I dream about?
- What part of my dreams can I share with others, and let others see them too?
- How do my dreams affect how I see the world?
- How do I want my dreams and creativity to change the world?
- What do you dream about?
- What part of your dreams can you share with others, and let others see them too?
- How do your dreams affect how you see the world?
- How do you want your dreams and creativity to change the worlds
- What dreams can we share together?
- What beautiful things can we discover and talk about?
- What things awaken our dreams?
- What wonders exist that we can’t live without?
Why the emphasis on dreams? Reality itself is built out of the dreams of the many who came before us. They dared to dream and dared to create. We live in a world full of wonders built by people who refused to stop dreaming, people who wouldn’t give up on being triumphantly themselves.
I know that I want to share my perspective with you. I want to give you a valuable, warm experience. I want you to come back. I want this place to be safe for not only dreams and creative impulses, but a safe place to talk about what happens when we lose the capacity to think that tomorrow could be more than today. I want to start conversations about the mountains, the valleys, and the big and little things that capture my imagination (and hopefully yours too).
I dare to dream. I dare to create. This world doesn’t have to be cold. I won’t let it be cold. I will be triumphantly myself, and help you to do the same.
We can all walk into the unknown with a passion to build good things, no matter what ferocity may surround us. RootedPhoenix is only my name for such an idea. I want to help you find yours, too.